Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 3 February 2018

Thank you Linda

I love receiving post, and beautiful cards like this are wonderful,
Perfect timing, something lovely on a dull winter morning.
Linda on her blog is doing a February Challenge. 
This is her 1st card she has sent, 
pop over to her blog, she makes wonderful cards. 
I cut these two from my raised cut flower garden,
planted last year, too pretty to sit outside. 
These snowdrops cost me £3.50 and are already in the ground
I got these crochet hooks, I had a cheap set and the hook I was using broke. The normal size hook can make my thumb ache, I love the funky colours of these handles. 
I love snowdrops and wanted some in my back shrub bed, I have planted bulbs and nothing grew, I read if you can't get bulbs to grow, which I can't in heavy clay soil, buy flowering bulbs and plant them, I am enjoying them now and will have to hope they come back next year. I keep looking at the garden, we have had two sunny days, very cold but dry, I could be doing a bit outside, but my back lingers and I can't risk any more issues. 
I am still busy doing my ripple blanket, I have also started a granny square blanket in the same colours, resting my back is giving me time for hobbies. I walked to our local library and have chosen two books to read, I missed reading last month, and I am hoping the break will encourage me not to read so much, last year I read 76 books and did very little craft, I now need to balance everything. 
Hubby was tired after Will's visit on Friday afternoon, Will is not walking fully yet, but he does get around, and loves to stand at our table and units around the room, which means you can't take your eyes off him. We got him a new tractor from our charity shop, including the batteries inside £1.50, he loved playing with it, a true boy loving anything with wheels. We are looking for a sit on and ride toy now. 


6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your card arrived safely and has brightened up a dull day. Love your cut flowers and good luck with your snowdrops. Where did you get your set of pretty crochet hooks? Wait until Will's is up and walking it will be fun keeping up with him then. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda's card is lovely. It's good to see what other people make as it's can spark ideas. Loving the crochet hooks...if only I could crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda does make exceedingly good cards. I'm on her list to help her complete the February challenge.
    Pretty anemones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo those hooks are gorgeous love the pretty colours and the card is too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and pretty cut flowers.

    Love your colourful crochet hooks, i can only use the clover ergonomic ones, I've tried others and they make my hands ache, they don't look as pretty as these though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hand-made cards always take far more time than most people realise, well done Linda :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails