Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Valencia

Train station and bullring
Cathedral from the back
Love this tree
City indoor market


We love these fruits. 
Lunch
Cakes
I love this city, it is busy, clean and so welcoming, we traveled by train to the city center, and had a perfect day just wondering around. The buildings are all very old, but well looked after.
We have many times visited the food market and always love the smells, colours of the stalls, the variety of things for sell on each stall was huge,  and all looks so fresh. Lunch had to be Paella, afternoon coffee had to have cakes, plus sitting in the sun people watching with a beer (hubby) and red wine for me. With the amount of walking we did averaging over 12,000 steps per day, we did not watch our diet at all.
We did not do much shopping, it was tempting as the prices in Spain are cheaper than here, we did bring back Spanish sweets and chocolate. They are not in Christmas mode as we are in UK, we were told they start closer to December, we only saw a few shops decorated, and we saw very few Christmas decorations for sale. I did buy some  sewing items, mainly because they are different from anything here in UK.
I read three books on my iPad, Sue Grafton books, I is for Innocent, J is for Judgement, K is for Killer.
We are now getting used to the cold again, every where feels so grey, I have lit my candles most evenings. I am happy to be getting up each morning at 8am, missing the worst of the early mornings.
Monday I went shopping with Su and Will, just a few stocking fillers, and a nice lunch.
The wonderful hello we got from Will was brilliant, he was so pleased to see us.
Yesterday I went for a walk around our local park, and later I had Will over, so mummy could do some jobs. We had a fun day inside, watching the birds in our garden and playing.
Today I had a friend here, we walked to Portchester castle, the tide was in so the water was flat calm, later we had home made carrot and coriander soup. A perfect day, but still I am totally tired,

3 comments:

  1. I love visiting markets when I'm abroad, the produce always look so vibrant with the many colours, and always looks so fresh too. Yum, I love paella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that food looks very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine you miss the beautiful blue skies! How sweet that Will was happy to see you. Reminds me of when our grandson lived nearby and we used to be able to visit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails