Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 7 November 2017

A very new start

I have finally started some cross stitching, nothing called to me so I have started this little bird. it's on 20dpi, which is large scale for me, but it has to be stitched with 2 threads, and has colour blending on the body. 
Another great bargain, £5 from the charity shop, and hubby paid, sorry the photo is not the best. Here is by my chair, I keep a few books , my hexagon box and a plastic container with my sewing. This basket is much nicer sewing storage box. I will line the basket at some point. 
 I had an early birthday celebration at the weekend, daughter got me this lovely soft scarf, red and navy, it will go with my red jacket. Hubby remembered I said Monty had a new book. 
We are on a birthday break, just hubby and I, involving a big silver bird, and loads of sunshine, with friends house sitting and giving our cats loads of cuddles, we have left the gloom of UK behind. I have wrote this post before I left, I do not get on with blogger on my Ipad.  But I am able to read everyone's post. I have loads of books on my iPad, so plenty of reading.
We are near Valencia, Spain for a week, not a beach holiday, but plenty of rest in the sunshine. Today is my birthday, not sure what hubby has planned for me, I can tell you once we are back in England.

11 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday Marlene, enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Marlene, enjoy your break and the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! You share your big day with my mum, it's her 83rd today. Enjoy your holiday, it's a lot cooler these past couple of days here with a frost first thing so I'm very envious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    Have a great holiday and enjoy the sunshine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Marlene, wishing you a very relaxing enjoyable break in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday wishes to you Marlene
    Love the new basket, I have a similar one that I lined to keep my knitting in.
    Have a wonderful holiday in the sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Love your new basket it will be great for storing all your crafting goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy birthday! Enjoy your holiday! That little birdie and the basket are both very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gifts. Have a wonderful birthday and enjoy the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great week.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails