Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 4 September 2017

Woosh, there goes Will

Look at him, just six months old
he is crawling everywhere, so confident.
 Popped into our local shop, this is not quiet 2 meters
cost me £5.15, I have a project in mind
 Passion fruit plant, £1 at our local charity shop
I have never grown one before. 
Having Will again this weekend was fun, in a week he has gone from being on his hands and knees slowly getting around to being a baby with a mission, his confidence has grown, and is now very quick. Our cats watch him, Purdy keeps moving so Will can't get to her, but Grace my older cat is much more friendly, she will allow Will to touch her, moving only when he gets excited or grabs her fur. We will watch all three, it's not fair to either of them to allow anything hurtful to happen.
We took Will on Saturday to the village, Sunday we stayed in all day, the weather was wet the whole day, he was picked up early afternoon.
Sunday afternoon we read, and relaxed, we were woke by Will just after six, which is early for me, we had a Chinese takeaway later and enjoyed a lovely bottle of red wine, a day late for hubbies birthday.
I have to return books to the library today, and I want to do an hours ironing, so busy time
Later I will be sewing again, hubby built an extension for our camper van bed, I have a big piece of foam to cover, I will make it like a fitting sheet, so we can remove for washing. The material above will be perfect, our bed is packed away in the daytime, so the colours may not be perfect, but they do not clash. I have one curtain to measure and do the bottom hem, then I need to hang the last two made curtains, the throws are done, I will have photo's next time.
The van is back and looking smart on the outside,it was registered in 2002 so it will never be perfect, but it does now look better.
I have not added the cost of the fabric to my stash list as it was purchased for the camper van.

7 comments:

  1. I wonder what you will make with your fabric, Marlene? I am doing some hand sewing at the moment...but want to make a new skirt for Spring in the next few weeks to go with a top I found at the op-shop. I still haven't finished a sailor top I started either. Lots of half finished projects at my place!! You must enjoy having Will with you, I think it's lovely to spend time with young children and to witness them exploring and learning. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous little chap. All of mine have been early crawlers/walkers and have never been still since!
    I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing pictures of your finished project. The fabric is lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your makes and the van. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh there will be no stopping Will now :-) Such a lovely age.
    My two cats were ok with Oliver until he started moving, when I have him now they still mostly stay upstairs all day, I don't know why because he loves to stroke them and has never chased or been rough handed with them. I think they just don't like the noise he makes, lol.
    Looking forward to seeing what your sewing project will be.
    have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours on the fabric, bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't he a poppet? The van is sounding super and I like the bargain fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will is such a cute little guy. Sounds like he tired you a bit. We are always exhausted after grand children!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails