Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 6 September 2017

Ready to roll

Our van is back and looking tidy
 I have finished all the sewing for the inside
 New curtains, and fake throws
 Curtains at the door and front end
 And the cover for the bed extension. 
As promised photo's of the finished van, I have made all the curtains from a pair given to me by my sister, all I had to do was cut them to size, much better than the mismatched curtains, as seen here.
The new fake throws, came from material in my stash, I purchased it ages ago for another project which was then shelved. The throws we had before were getting hitched as we sat on them. plus they are in the overhead cupboard, should we require them. The two cushions I had in the house, much nicer in here.
I also cut down an old king size duvet cover into a single size, for my use, I can only sleep in 100% cotton, saving the cost of a new cover.
Under the table our new shoe boxes, we will keep walking shoes, flipflops and even a cheap pair of slippers, we have three sections each.
The bed extension foam block is now covered, I have made the section hanging down, it will hang between the frame and the cupboard door, just to ensure the door is not damaged. It sits on a raised frame, allowing my 6'2" hubby to have a nice bed each night.
I am really pleased with the inside look, I am not a fan of red, but the cushions are in perfect condition, and would be expensive to replace, this way I think it looks good.
Hubby has removed the sink unit in the toilet, the tiny sink leaked and the unit was in the way, we have changed the room around and made loads of space, plus more storage space, loads of things are packed in here when we are driving.
We have booked another trip the last weekend in September, and hope to have another trip in October, the van has a fan heater, which we have tried out, so providing it's not too wet or freezing, we should get loads of trips.
Today is our wedding anniversary, 31 years, I have a hair appointment this afternoon, later we are out for a meal, hubby found a discount voucher for our favorite local restaurant.

7 comments:

  1. A very happy anniversary Marlene, enjoy your meal out. The van looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab! You've done a great job. A Happy Anniversary and enjoy your meal. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely anniversary meal. Campervan looks good and right ready for your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Looks like you are ready to have a lot of traveling fun!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you both.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what fun! You've done a lovely job on the inside - here's to many super trips 😎

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails